The most writing I’ve done all week was on Facebook:
25 Random Things About Me
1. I once lost an edited manuscript at Penguin, back in the days before electronic files. This was before I made it to the copy machine, of course.
2. I was once served with papers for hiding a dog in my NYC co-op.
3. I once saw a man take a dump on the NYC subway.
4. I once saw a guy sleeping with his penis hanging out in front of my neighborhood grocery store, also in NYC.
5. I guess I like to talk about things I’ve seen. One time I was walking to work and a llama passed me on the other side of the street. Where else?
6. I knew I was going to marry my husband the first second I saw him.
7. I’ve had brunch with Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer. John Stossel was there and on crutches.
8. My dog played with Edie Falco’s dog. And I used to live 2 floors up from James Gandolfini.
9. Usually the things I fear most end up happening.
10. I am obsessive about the following: sleep, peanut butter, sushi, cupcakes. Actually I am pretty obsessive/compulsive in general.
11. I am pretty sure my dog eats her own poop.
12. I once sent an email to my boss telling her I was hungover. She was not the intended recipient. This happens often.
13. I once broke into about 5 different swimming pools in one night.
14. I have always wanted to find a way to write and/or work in the healthcare field for a living.
15. I used to be a major smoker.
16. I have been known to walk buck naked through a Minnesota winter night. I have also walked on stage wearing nothing but a swim cap and goggles.
17. I was an NCAA Academic All-American swimmer.
18. I remember conversations word-for-word.
19. I dreamed my son’s face before I actually saw him in person.
20. I often make mistakes and try to foist them off on other people.
21. I was a seminar and a thesis short of a religion major in college.
22. I am a true city girl and can’t wait to get out of the fucking suburbs. We messed up.
23. I can stand on my head—probably for hours.
24. I wear an eye pillow to sleep.
25. I dream of traveling the world. My latest obsession is a trip to India and Japan.